RE: Solution to 100's of Oracle clients installed with Net8 and local tnsnames.ora, sqlnet.ora

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:11:00 -0500

I'm fearing file locking issues with this approach.  Multi-platform is =
another issue, although a SAMBA/NFS combo on the "central location" =
should take care of that.

Or are my fears unfounded?  We're in the same boat, wondering what to do =
about replacing the functionality of our replicated ONAMES servers for =
the future.  OiD 9.0.1 was not mature/stable enough to be production.  =
We haven't tested future versions and I don't plan to until the damnable =
thing is at least free (i.e. included with our EE license).

Rich