Solaris 10 filesystem cache size?

  • From: Adric Norris <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:19:04 -0500

Does anyone know how to determine the current size of the filesystem cache
under Solaris 10?  Our Capacity Management group is worried because some
database servers are showing high memory usage, but we suspect that the
filesystem cache (which will be freed automatically on demand) is triggering
a false positive... at present, however, we aren't able to demonstrate same.

We aren't able to utilize the 3rd-party RMCmem utilities here, but I've
heard that they may not be relevant for Solaris 10 anyway.  Any suggestions?

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.