Re: Software vendor using additional schemas for testing!

  • From: "Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 10:39:57 -0400

Hi Lisa

It depends who are your boss, but anyway if they are the kind don't like to
hear, the first thing I will do in your place is to write a report to my
boss
Saying
1)
This are the problems.... (8i desupported, logs, etc., etc.)
This are the risks...
This should be the solutions...
2) Clearly appointing what is wrong, and that is not a professional database
work.
And mainly the risks of using production database as test database.
3) Give an example how a similar business works, to show them they are not
doing the correct and what you
are asking is really nothing from outerworlds.

Not always you can get your boss do what you want, but is important to put
it in a paper, because in 4 months
if they deny to follow you advices and there are SERIOUS problems, you have
something to say, "I said you that clearly
in that report I gave you several months ago".
Do it in detail, because it can save you that some day, they point to you as
responsible of a disaster for them and for your career.

Then ask a written ansewr to that report, because in the future some people
remember had say things they never said.

And do your best under the restrictions they will give to you.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition