RE: Softball (I hope) - Current Directory in SQLPlus

  • From: "Ric Van Dyke" <ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:53:40 -0600

Not an option in this case.

From: Radoulov, Dimitre [mailto:cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:53 PM
To: Ric Van Dyke; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Softball (I hope) - Current Directory in SQLPlus

On 18/12/2013 21:48, Ric Van Dyke wrote:

        I thought this would be easy but I'm not  figuring it out nor am
I able to find it in all my searching.

        I want to create a directory for the current directory.  I want
to do this programmatically in SQLPlus with or without PL/PQL is fine.

        CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY SQL_FILE_LOCATION AS  <current
directory here>;

        It doesn't appear to be in SYS_CONTEXT.

        Yes I know I can do a HOST CD in SQLPlus to see the current
directory, but how to I put the output of that that into the CREATE
command?

Hi,
why don't you set/export it as shell variable before entering sqlplus?

Regards
Dimitre