Re: Softball (I hope) - Current Directory in SQLPlus

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ric.van.dyke@xxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 21:52:46 +0100

On 18/12/2013 21:48, Ric Van Dyke wrote:

I thought this would be easy but I'm not figuring it out nor am I able to find it in all my searching.

I want to create a directory for the current directory. I want to do this programmatically in SQLPlus with or without PL/PQL is fine.

CREATE OR REPLACE DIRECTORY SQL_FILE_LOCATION AS <current directory here>;

It doesn't appear to be in SYS_CONTEXT.

Yes I know I can do a HOST CD in SQLPlus to see the current directory, but how to I put the output of that that into the CREATE command?

Hi,
why don't you set/export it as shell variable before entering sqlplus?

Regards
Dimitre