Re: So who said it first .... (semi off topic)

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 08:01:26 -0700

"The most optimized statement is the one that is never executed." - Anjo Kolk

I don't recall where I first heard it, but I did confirm this with Anjo before I used it in a presentation in 2003 or so.

--
Daniel Fink

Oracle Performance, Diagnosis and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Robyn wrote:
Hello all ...
'The fastest way to do something is not to do it at all' Should this quote be attributed to a specific individual? Or is it considered a fundamental truth? I'm thinking it's Tom Kyte but please correct me if I'm wrong.
tia ... Robyn
--
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. Douglas Adams