RE: So what seminar do you go to??

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:21:50 -0700 (PDT)

I can't speak for HOTSOS or the others....

Outside of the crush of people at Oracle Open World
this year... I really got ALOT out of it.

I went to the Xtreme GRID seminar over the weekend
which was invaluable.  I then started to go to some of
the seminars but realized that the powerpoints I
purchased of the seminars got me the same information.
 So I went down to the hands on labs.... they were
great.  I did not get a chance to go to the demo
grounds and did NOT get to many vendors.

I did book an appontment with the one on one
consulting  which again was invaluable and addressed
our needs.  We booked this ahead and set them what we
wanted ahead of time.

The people I met contacts that are invaluable to me.
I also went back to the labs at the end of OOW and
asked them for their books and they gladly parted with
them.

I just wish the vendors would stop giving out the
toys.  If you needed to see them, you had to wade
through all those standing in line for a .50 cent pos.

Some of the evenings had demos... one on HTML, another
on rac clustering, Intel ...

I really did not go to any sessions that were sales
pitches.... All of the sessions I attended had really
good content.  I only elected not to go since most of
the information during the sessions you could get off
the power points, etc which I bought.

Keynotes was another issue.. I did not attend
them...there was so much to do... I just skipped this.

So, I thought OOW was well worth the money.  I do wish
they would split up the apps from the rest as there
were too many people.... and that was my only
complaint.

I don't how they are going to manage 50,000 next year.

I understand they thinking about having it in Las
Vegas  the following year.

My 2.5 cents worth

Kathy

http://mail.yahoo.com