Re: Slow performance/response

  • From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:05:49 +0200

Lee,

     It may be that a few months ago your table *wasn't* 10 million
rows, that for a reason or another the plan hasn't changed (or it has).
The most serious thing which can go wrong with a table is chaining, but
this is more the scourge of OLTP than DSS, and anyway your stats (they
are up-to-date, of course) will tell you that.
That said, I have more often seen things wrong with queries than with
tables.

HTH

SF