Re: Slow RMAN Backups

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: naqimirza@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:37:42 +0200

Was the filesystem backup created from the same server, ie was the same
private network involved?

IIRC, there is an rman parameter ( I don't have its name in my knowledge
cache right now) that allow you to write to a fake device,
e.g. /dev/null. If you perform a test using this parameter you can
determine whether it is still slow.

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===