Slow Database Aft Upgrade from 8i to 9.2

  • From: "Burton, Laura" <BurtonL@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:54:20 -0500

Can someone direct me to a place to troubleshoot your database?  Is
there a way to check for 'Memory Leaks'?  I have a tuning book and have
been running scripts to find how much is being used, what statements are
the worst, etc., but is there a 'common' size for the Shared Pool, Large
Pool, Sort, etc?  I know it depends on the size of the database.  I
guess I am just looking for a starting point, i.e. if small blah, blah;
if large blah blah, or large pool is ??% the size of the Shared Pool and
total db memory should not be more than ??% of physical memory.

Thanks, Laura