RE: Slow Checkpointing....

  • From: Upendra N <nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:29:07 -0400

>>  I don’t *believe* adding writers should
help unless the existing
writers are already pegged. Since it completes when you checkpoint the
hours
versus minutes part does not add up.
Thanks Mark. Oracle support hasn't provided any information on why we need to
add more dbwr processes. System load is not high and certainly the dbwr
processes aren't pegging CPUs.

-Upendra

From: mwf@xxxxxxxx
To: nupendra@xxxxxxxxxxx; oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Slow Checkpointing....
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 14:59:44 -0400

Are the two writer processes you already
have pegged on CPU? Has anyone monkeyed around with renice on other processes so
the db writers only get time when you checkpoint?

I don’t *believe* adding writers should help unless the existing
writers are already pegged. Since it completes when you checkpoint the hours
versus minutes part does not add up.

good luck,

mwf