Slightly OT: Java in the DB

  • From: "Vergara, Michael (TEM)" <mvergara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:13:19 -0800

Hi All...sorry for the semi-OT post, but I'm trying to do a DBA
function using Java and have run into another problem.

I'm trying to reset user's passwords.  That's the whole goal.
I have a 'administrative' database that has connections (TNS,=20
some DB links, etc) to other databases.  I want to use the
OCINewPassword function call in a stored Java procedure
to execute the password changes on remote databases.  I have=20
this neat code that I cobbled together from hints on MetalLink
and other places, and it works...but.

The Java source compiles.
It Loads into the DB with loadjava.
I build a PL/SQL function wrapper.
It executes.  It changes the password and exits the remote DB

Great.  This is good.

But...when I enter 'exit' at the SQL prompt, the process hangs,
spins up to taking 100% of the CPU, and throws various errors in
the trace file.  I have to kill the client process with a 'kill -9'
command to get the process back.  There is one error I cannot=20
figure out.  It's an ORA-21607 error.  It says "Initialize the=20
memory service handle".  Huh?  What in the blinking blue blazes=20
does that mean?

Any suggestions?  I'm gonna post a similar message on the Java
list, but I thought that they'd not know about an ORA-21607.

Help!

Thanks,
Mike