RE: Slightly OT: Hotel recommendation for OOW 2014

  • From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 16:48:03 -0700

The BART system map is at http://www.bart.gov/stations.
For example, you could take a 40-minute trip on the BART train to Pleasant Hill
in the Easy
Bayhttp://www.bart.gov/schedules/quickplanner?orig=MONT&addr1=&dest=PHIL&addr2=&type=departure&date=2014-09-29&time=10%3A00%20pm&tab=2
Stay in the 3.5 star Embassy Suites right next to the BART station for $209 a
night for two beds. If you are willing to share, you can halve your cost:
http://www.expedia.com/Concord-Hotels-Embassy-Suites-Walnut-Creek.h2750.Hotel-Information?chkin=09/28/2014&chkout=10/02/2014&rm1=a2Walking
 directions: http://goo.gl/maps/qs0R9
Or stay in an Extended Stay America studio apartment w/kitchen for $103 a
night:
http://www.expedia.com/Concord-Hotels-Extended-Stay-America-Pleasant-Hill-Buskirk-Avenue.h67820.Hotel-Information?chkin=09/28/2014&chkout=10/02/2014&rm1=a2Walking
 directions: http://goo.gl/maps/njgPx
More hotels near BART
stations:http://www.hotelsbybart.com/BART-Stations/Walnut-Creek/Pleasant-Hill-BART-Station
P.S. If you're traveling thousands of miles to get here, please don't leave
without a trip to Muir woods to see the giant sequoias. Pictures at
https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1600&bih=725&q=muir+woods&oq=muir+woods.
 Bus tours are available.

From: iggy_fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Slightly OT: Hotel recommendation for OOW 2014
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:42:05 -0700

The further you go from Moscone Center, the more reasonably priced the rooms
will be. There's all kinds of public transport. For example, you can take the
BART train. http://www.bart.gov/stations.

Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 15:23:41 -0700
From: kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx
To: don@xxxxxxxxx; rjamya@xxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just saw this one-  Yes, I can tell you right now that hotels are going for a
premium and this is discussed in almost every Oracle PM meeting these days.

Isn't this how Chet Justice ends up crashing on somebody's floor in their hotel
room each year?? Wait, or is it Martin
 Nash who does that?  Both?  :D

                                        Kellyn Pot'Vin
                about.me/dbakevlar

~Tombez sept fois, se relever huit!

     On Tuesday, August 5, 2014 3:56 PM, Don Seiler
 <don@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Last year my group stayed at the Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf. It isn't close
but it's a great area to check out and Oracle has shuttles during the day and
for the appreciation event.

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 7:50 AM, rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you all, looks like there are cable cars that one can take to Wharf, so
getting a hotel nearby is going to be easier.
Hope to see/meet many of you there.
Raj

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you would have asked six months ago, I could have recommended a number of
different hotels. Most of the hotels within a couple miles of the Moscone are
booked. However, if money is not an object, you could still get something close.

Yes, the shuttle goes out by the Wharf.

Seth

--
Don Seiler