RE: Slight OT: Remote DBA team & effective support & communication

  • From: "Mark W. Farnham" <mwf@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledbaquestions@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 17:55:39 -0500

What an excellent post!

One thing I'd like to add: It is likely that the manager that is successful
in managing remote employees succeeded during the hiring process. No one on
God's green earth can manage a remote employee who does not want the team to
succeed. (Unless you call firing management, but even that tends to depress
the remaining teams.) Motivated people who want to succeed and are
reasonably competent are relatively easy to manage remotely.

Again, thanks for the wonderful blow by blow description of a case where it
is working. And a global team to handle the 24 hour a day world is a boon.

Regards,

mwf