Re: Skip scans

  • From: "Ryan" <ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Oracle-L (E-mail)'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 14:48:48 -0500

The only time I have used them is when its not worth having another index on
a table just for a small number of queries that require it. An existing
index with the skip scan capability gives 'good enough' performance. The
consistent gets appear to be much higher than having an optimal index in
9.2. I have not tested it in 10. I only tested it for OLTP type queries.