Re: Single instance with Oracle Clusterware

  • From: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:48:06 +0100

I tried it using 2 Linux x64 (RH4) machines, without using ASM. I added
scripts to mount/dismount the filesystems on the surviving machine. It works
as expected.
As for the licence, you must have at least one EE licence in your cluster to
use OCS, no need for RAC licence.

rgds

On 1/3/07, Juan Miranda <j.miranda@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hi

We need to configure a active-pasive cluster (cold failover).

First we choose to use HP Service Guard but I just think that Oracle
Clusterware can do the work too.

More info

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/pdf/ocsingleinstance.pdf

Anyone tried this ? any experience ?

I must paid to use clusterware if we don´t have Oracle RAC licenses ?

Thanks