Re: Single Sign On

  • From: David Barbour <david.barbour1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:24:28 -0500

Thanks Mladen.   Sigh.......  I was trying to avoid having to set up Linux
home directories. Nobody wants to have a different password for this.  It's
really not so much single sign-on as it will be password syncronization.
Theoretically our support organization will be responsible for setup and
maintenance, I'm trying to figure out how to do this with a minimum of
moving parts, or at least keep it as simple as possible for the customers -
which includes the support folks. Currently we've got Hitachi psync in
place for synchronizing passwords but since we've never let individual
users into the databases, it's not configured for Oracle.  We could do
that, but that's being replaced by Curion for user management and
provisioning and they didn't buy any of the connection modules so using
that is out.  It's bad enough everybody is going to need an Oracle client.
Theoretically our support organization will be responsible for setup and
maintenance, I'm trying to figure out how to do this with a minimum of
moving parts, or at least keep it as simple as possible for the customers -
which includes the support folks. Additionally, our newly minted security
requirements prohibit the use of Samba.