Re: Simple listener parameter question

  • From: "Dan Norris" <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Vishal Gupta" <vishal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 08:09:40 -0600

Personally, I don't like that configuration as it sometimes confuses people
that aren't used to it and they sometimes modify/delete the TNS entry
because they don't know what it is for.

Also, it doesn't give any additional flexibility--anything you can put in
the TNS entry can be jammed on one line and put directly into this parameter
(as long as you don't exceed the length limitations which I think may be 255
characters).

Dan