RE: Simple RMAN question

  • From: "Roger Xu" <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:51:18 -0600

thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[ mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Sharples
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:44 PM
To: Oracle-L@Freelists. Org (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Simple RMAN question

of course, it is still help in the control file

list backup; will still show them all

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:40:40 -0600, Roger Xu <roger_xu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Question:
> Since we do not have a recovery catalog,
> should we run "crosscheck" or "delete obsolete"?
> All we do now is deleting backups using OS delete.
>
> Thanks.

For technical support please email tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxx or you can
call (972)721-8257.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System.

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail by persons
or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material.
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email Security
System. Any questions please call 972-721-8257 or email your request to
tech_support@xxxxxxxxxxxx