Should Oracle SIDs for the RAC Dataguard match with the Primary Database?

  • From: Manmohan Jalsingh <mjalsingh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:10:15 -0700

Hi,

I have been tasked to setup a RAC physical standby database for a RAC
primary database. The standby will be on separate RAC servers.
The environment will be monitored using Grind Control.  I have a question
regarding choosing the ORACLE_SIDs for the standby database.
What is the recommendation for choosing them ? Should they be same as
Primary?  If I choose the same SIDs, will there be any issue
with monitoring both primary and standby databases in OEM ?

Thanks in advance
Manmohan