RE: Shooting yourself in the spfile

  • From: "Grabowy, Chris" <chris.grabowy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:15:05 -0500

Perhaps if I were a junior DBA and I blindly applied parameter changes
to multiple databases then this would be a problem.  To clarify, I am
not refering to Jonathan's specific situation.

Obviously, before you apply any change across a couple hundred databases
then you do some thorough testing.  Assuming your configurations are the
same then you should not have a problem.  And yes, on occasion you will
hit a problem database, so you go fix it.

As for your example, even if you made these changes in a pfile, wouldn't
you get the same result??  So then you would fix it, either in the pfile
or spfile, and bring the database up.  Is that not true?

I still stand behind MHO.  Spfiles are not pfiles, therefore you have to
change your way of thinking and your "SOPs".

(psssstt)