RE: Sharing Oracle Database in Windows XP/Vista dual boot system

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Dharminder.Kumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 12:40:45 -0500

Be ware that Oracle 10g is compatible only with 32bit vista and has a special
release (10.2.0.3) for vista. Other than than, I don’t see many problems, you
could try it though.

Of course, you may need to create the OS services with oradim to start
listener, db, emdb, agent, etc.

I think a saner approach would be to install a new home at the same patchlevel
of the previous home (you’d need to patch the original one to 10.2.0.3 at
least) and start the database using this set of binaries.

HTH

Guillermo Alan Bort

DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company