Shared Lib Error on RHEL AS 4u2 with Oracle's compat-libcwait

  • From: Tony Jambu <tjambu_freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 04:38:30 +1100

Hi Linux gurus

I have encountered a shared library error after installing Oracle's Linux
package
compat-libcwait-2.1-1.i386.rpm.

Platform:       Intel EM64T
O/S:            Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES (v. 4 u2 for Intel EM64T)
Oracle: 10gR2

After installing compat-libcwait-2.1-1.i386.rpm, every linux command comes up
with

ERROR: ld.so: object '/lib/libcwait.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be
preloaded: ignored

I have applied patch 4198954 which contains the new/patched compat-libcwait
package.
It is placing the library  in the right directory.

The following information might help
% cat /etc/ld.so.preload
/lib/libcwait.so

% ls -l /usr/lib/libcwait.so /lib/libcwait.so
ls: /usr/lib/libcwait.so: No such file or directory
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2784 Nov 3 12:13 /lib/libcwait.so

So the right library is in the right location and /etc/ld.so.preload points to
the right file.

Everything performs ok but I keep getting this error.  Someone reported that
they
had problem rebooting and I am too scared to try that for now.

Any suggestions?  Maybe John  Smiley or Werner Puschitz might shed some light.
Their articles probably saved me days of trouble shooting missing packages
but it does not touch on this problem.

ta
tony