Share your RMAN knowhow!!

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 12:35:59 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone!!

We are working on the 11g Edition of our RMAN book. If you have read previous
editions of the book, you know that we have some chapters specific to the MML
interfaces to RMAN such as Veritas NetBackup.

I need some authors to go through the existing chapters on Veritas NetBackup
and EMC Networker and update them for us.
I also need someone who would be interested on doing a chapter on Oracle Secure
Backup.

While we don't pay for these chapters, you will get your name mentioned in the
acknowledgments of the book and saying that you wrote a chapter in a book looks
pretty cool on a resume!!

If you would be interested, please let me know in a private email. Please DO
NOT reply to this thread or to the group as a whole.

Thanks in advance!

Robert
 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Author:
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide
(Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)
http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf