Re: Severity 01

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:36:46 +0800

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:26 AM, amit bansal <amit.bansal82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I understand escalating SR only means that you get the attention of
> Oracle Support Manager's to the issue and let them know your milestone/ go
> live dates so that they also review the SR and at times get ARE (advanced
> resolution engineers) to look into the issue..

My currently client have (unfortunately) resorted to raising Sev 1's out of
sheer frustration...A basic Sev 3 went unnoticed for weeks, even with a
"please update" request each week.  So they phoned and escalated...which got
a "please provide an update" request from Oracle support to an
engineer....then nothing.  So then they phoned and raised to Sev 2 ....
Nothing for two weeks.  Then they phoned and *re-escalated*.....Nothing.
Then phoned the local account manager in their city, who tried to push
things along....Nothing.

So (and this is the third time this has happened), they've pushed the call
up to Sev 1.

I feel for the client (paying squillions and getting diddly squat in terms
of support), but also the front-facing support engineers who get dragged
into faux Sev 1's because the Oracle support organisation is so obviously
cracking at the seams...

Nobody wins here...

--
Connor McDonald

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"