RE: Setup.exe not responding

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:07:02 -0400

Here is what I have on the version 8.1 installer hanging on Pentium 4
machines:

There are 3 possible solutions

1. Obtain patch 1507768 from Oracle Support Services via Metalink.
   See Patch readme for patch installation details.

2.
  a) Copy the content of the Installation to a temporary folder on the
      harddisk, rename ALL copies of file 'symcjit.dll'
  b) Go to folder \install and edit file 'oraparam.ini' (attention: write
      protection) and change parameter JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS to
     JRE_MEMORY_OPTIONS=-nojit -ms16m -mx32m
  c) Start the installation again

3. Use the Oracle Universal Installer that is shipped with Oracle 9.0.1 or
    higher.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --