Re: Setting up storage Array for ASM

  • From: Steve Harville <steve.harville@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: postora@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 16:25:18 -0400

You could go raid 5 instead of raid 10 and get more useable disk. There
should won't be a write penalty since writes are cached on that hardware.
Reads would be faster on raid 5 than on raid 10 because there are more
spindles to spread the data (less duplication).

Steve Harville

http://www.linkedin.com/in/steveharville