Setting extent size for locally managed TEMP tablespace

  • From: Jaeger David - Grand Rapids <David.Jaeger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:42:46 -0600

Hello,
I'm an oracle-l newbie DBA.  I just switched my database over to a locally
managed temporary tablespace and apparently set the extent size incorrectly.
We have been getting an ORA-3232 error.  Metalink tells me that I need to
set the initial and next extent size of the temporary tablespace equal to or
greater than MAX_IO_SIZE.  We run Solaris 6.2 and do not know how to tell
what is the MAX_IO_SIZE for this OS.  Any help on this issues would be much
appreciated.

Thank You,
David Jaeger
Baker Infrastructure Group