Setting back the clock

  • From: "Eric Buddelmeijer" <Eric.Buddelmeijer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:29:24 +0200

Hello all,

We have some sun database servers that have been transferred to the UK while
they originally have been configured in the Netherlands. The SA wants to set
the timezone to BST while it now is set to CEST, which means the displayed
time will be set back by 1 hour. Will this change affect anything in the
database? My concern lies mainly with SCN's and point in time recovery. The
database is not used very much yet, so it will be possible to leave the
database down for an hour. Can we just stop the database, adjust the time
and restart the database? What would be the save approach?

TIA,
Eric.