Re: Session Timeouts...

  • From: "Ganesh Raja" <ganesh.raja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:13:43 +0100

Did you check if you are behind a firewall and that is pushing a idle timeout

- Ganesh

On 9/19/06, Shreeni <shreeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My TOAD connection time-outs almost every 10 mins of idle time. I checked my
SQLNET.ora and I dont see a timeout mentioned there. Infact it is a scimpy
file with just two lines -

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)
NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES)

We are on 10.2.0.1 RAC and TOAD is 8.6.0.38. Is there any option with TOAD I need to set ? I went thru every option in the Options dialog and cant see an option for timeout. I checked the initxxx.ora file if there were any params set there but nothing jumps up to suggest that. The default user profile says "Unlimited" and there are no user-defined User Profiles or Resource Profiles in the database.

Any way to overcome this ?

Thanks and have a good day

Shreeni

Thanks and have a good day.