RE: Server Architecture

  • From: "Robert Freeman" <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <satheeshbabu.s@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:40:17 -0700

Zoinkies, why? What is the benefit of this architecture? It requires more
disk space, more effort to manage and really is not a standard approach to a
host with multi-databases. What is the thinking here, because I see few
benefits and lots of headaches.

Robert

Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Consultant/DBA/Author
Principal Engineer/Team Manager
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Father of Five, Husband of One,
Author of various geeky computer titles
from Osborne/McGraw Hill (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 11g New Features Now Available for Pre-sales on Amazon.com!
BLOG: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com/
Sig V1.2