Re: Serious listener problem - can anyone help?

  • From: Norman Dunbar <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 19:45:46 +0100

On 10/05/13 19:41, Hans Forbrich wrote:
> Multiple listeners on that server. Hmmmm.
Multiple databases and each database has a separate listener. Them's the
rules I have to work to. It's so the whole p[lot can be failed over to
another server, in the event of needing to.

> Is it possible that the wrong listener is intercepting 1521 and picking
> up this request.
Nope. All servers are on separate and non-matching listener ports.

The problem was a trailing slash in the Oracle Home path in /etc/oratab.
Imagine how silly I feel?

Cheers,
Norm.

--