Re: Separate Schemas for Data and Application?

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 06:54:51 -0700 (PDT)

> It would create a load of extra work for maintaining grants and

> synonyms and generally complicate build scripts for no benefit that...

I agree. We used to enforce the policy of having a data account and a code
account. In addition to more work, one annoyance is that whenever a new table
is created in the data account, a new grant, and a synonym (if not prefixing
"owner." in code and not using "alter session set current_schema") must be
created in the code account, but this is sometimes missed. We don't grant
"select any table" to the code account. For a long time, I've wished Oracle to
allow "grant select,insert,update,delete on <schema> to <grantee>".

Yong Huang