Senior Management Server- was ora-4031 & large_pool

  • From: Thomas Day <tday6@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:47:51 -0400

Yes, but they're "Senior Management"

Back in the bad old days of Big Blue we had one 4300 that only had 8 uses,
all senior management, and only one application, the senior management
personnel system.

Silly? Surely, but it gave them a warm fuzzy.

Just point out to senior management that their ad-hoc queries are available
to anyone with access to the DBA views and they will take care of finding
the funding for their own server.

If they're willing to live with Windows 2K, you can probably put together
something with dual processors, 4G of RAM and 200G of disk for about
$50,000.  I don't know if that would support their needs.