Semi-OT: Solaris file dates don't match system date after DST change

  • From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 08:36:18 -0500

We have a Solaris 10 server and I just noticed that the dates on newly
created files aren't matching the SYSTEM date of the server.  The
filesystem in question is mounted on a Netapp device and the netapp device
was taken down for maintenance (controller upgrade) this past weekend.

Has anyone seen this behavior before - I've sent an email to the SA but
thought I'd ping the list to get some input.  (Perhaps I'm just sleepy and
am overlooking something obvious):

*Date:*

$ date

Wednesday, March 12, 2014  6:05:17 AM PDT

$ touch test.txt

$ ls –lart test.txt

-rw-r--r--   1 oracle   oinstall  230016 *Mar 12 00:07* test.txt

Am I missing something, or could this be a problem?

Chris