Re: Semi-OT: It's the Code, Stupid!

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, shrekdba@xxxxxxxxx, mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:23:28 +0000

I've been doing some thinking about database independence. The primary call for
it is that supposedly it lowers cost because you can move to a cheaper
database, etc... This means that virtually the entire cost is labor. So if you
really want to save money database independent projects should be done offshore
at low wages.
If the DB independence crowd was truly honest they would be going to their
managers asking to have their jobs offshored.