Re: Semi-OT: IOUG Collaborate Tips? Suggestions?

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:56:40 -0700

Hi Chris,

Having been to a number of COLLAB (and its predecessor IOUG Live!)
conferences, I can say that this is an annual highlight in the
professional side of my life. It is a chance to attend some great
presentations, learn a *ton* of stuff, make new friends, put faces to
names, and renew old associations, all in a very condensed time
period. My advice is this: make sure you read the presentation
summaries and create your itinerary. If in doubt, create double
entries so you can skip over to another presentation in case you have
a long walk (and yes: be prepared to walk the halls!)

I can guarantee that you will agonize over which of two or sometimes
three conflicting presentations you would like to attend. As well, you
can get to presentations from the OAUG and other groups. Also make
sure you attend the birds-of-a-feather lunches as well as SIG lunches.
Drop by the IOUG SELECT Journal stall and pick up copies of the
Journal and our special Tip Booklet (early).

Finally, have fun!

John Kanagaraj
(Unfortunately, I will be missing this one)

--
John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj