RE: Seek Data Warehouse Design skill

  • From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:38:43 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

I was thinking "common sense" or similar and I did not
intend "general intelligence" like an intelligence
test.

I resisted posting on this thread, too. Because I'm
not qualified nor do I wish to judge others. But, last
year when I was in a leadership role on a project we
needed to hire PL/SQL developers. I mentioned the some
of my naive techniques, and have not mentioned many
issues we had. Its good to get your feedback,
especially the critical comments, because it was a
difficult and challenging task for me. I appreciate
and accept your criticism. Taken.

In my opinion, someone lacking independent thoughts,
and that requires others to solve all their problems,
does not read, does not understand the required
skills, considers testing useless, and has difficulty
with verbal communications might be very intelligent
and resourceful. But, on a team with me (bozos for
sure), I think they are not as  good as someone who
demonstrates the abililities as well as technical job
skills.

If anyone else is having a late meal, please pick a
few words out and have fun. :-)

Regards,

Mike Thomas

(PS: The OCP test is not a good standard, because
anyone can get 100% quite easily).