Re: Security Wonks ate my hamster.

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 07:40:50 -0600

It means you can no longer do the administration on Linux/Oracle. Full stop.

Data security includes authentication, authorization, account management, and audit logging. Naive to unilaterally decide that only one of those matters.

That title of "IT Director" will likely be short-lived.  And rightly so.

On 3/23/16 06:38, Howard Latham wrote:

Our IT Director has decided only he will have root access to out 4 linux Database Servers . And the password will be held in a safe, Does these mean I can no longer do the administration or Linux / Oracle or does his idea of creating new account solve it?

--
Howard A. Latham