Re: Security Question - how do you deal with sensitive information hardcoded in SQL statements

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 11:48:56 -0700

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Michael Wehrle <michaelw436@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Jared, I had this issue (possibly similar) a few years back on a 10.2.0
> database, and Oracle actually provided a patch for it. See my writeup about
> it here
> iamsys.wordpress.com/2010/03/16/how-to-protect-sensitive-bind-data-in-redo-logs/,
> and if you have anymore questions, I will be glad to TRY to remember them,
> as it was a few years ago.

Thanks Michael.

The test case referenced in your blog is no longer a valid URL.
Do you know where to find it now.

Also, the patch number referenced is not even found in MOS, leading
me to believe it was a one off patch for you or your customer.

Do you have any more info on where to find this in MOS?

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com