Re: Security Question - how do you deal with sensitive information hardcoded in SQL statements

  • From: Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 08:39:53 -0700

What I have seen so far in this thread is this:
"There isn't a good technical solution to this problem using
  without using add on products"

Not terribly surprising I guess.

Even with add on products I am not sure of the value in
this situation.

Do data masking and/or encryption hide the values
that may be hardcoded into a WHERE clause?

I don't know the answer to that, but I don't expect
that values appearing in the WHERE clause would
be affected.

ASO and probably data masking as well are aimed at
hiding the values seen in a table, not the values hardcoded
into a SQL statement.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com