Re: Script to remove network log/trace files

  • From: Ajay <ajay_1ajay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exriscer@xxxxxxxxx, cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 18:19:52 -0800 (PST)

There is an utility : at
  on windows similar to unix cron. You can use that. You can get detailed
scripting language commands from net/books to create .bat scripts that can be
run by at utility. You can do all using that including daily weekly backups.
Maybe there are other better ways to do it as well. http://www.nirsoft.net/
also has atnow utility which can be used for one time run at a certain time. I
do not know if UNIX has a similar command. Generally on UNIX it has to be
scheduled as cron and removed from cron after first run.
  Thanks

LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    hi

  You can run your unix scripts in cygwin or any other similar tools. I havent
got idea in windows scripting neither and that is how I do it.

Rgds

  On 1/7/07, J. Dex <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Does anyone have a script
for Windows that will archive old network log and
trace files and also remove any that are more than a month old (or at least
be able to run under a monthly scheduled task)?    I have done this in UNIX
but not on Windows.

Communicate instantly! Use your Hotmail address to sign into Windows Live
Messenger now. http://get.live.com/messenger/overview

http://mail.yahoo.com