Re: Script to create schema?

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:26:34 +0000

DISCLAIMER: I have no connection with the company that produces
Data-Bee and DDLWizard (http://www.net2000ltd.com/) other than being a
user of DDLWizard.

On 10/11/05, Yechiel Adar <adar76@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DDLWizard is the new name for the Data-Bee tool.

According to the site, Data-Bee (http://www.databee.com/) is a tool
for extracting a referentially correct subset of the data from an
Oracle database, useful for when you want to run tests but the total
volume of data in production is too large for you to just take a copy
of the complete production database.  At the UKOUG exhibition I
noticed a couple of stands hawking similar products.   I've never used
a product of that type so cannot comment on the quality of any of
them.

DDLWizard (http://www.ddlwizard.com/)  is a separate product from the
same company that just extracts the structure of a schema from an
export file into either SQL scripts that can be used to rebuild the
schema elsewhere or linked HTML files that can be used as a basis for
documentation of the schema.  I've used DDLWizard a few times to get
the HTML files when I've inherited a database where there hasn't been
any documentation, either the supplier didn't supply any or they did
but it's been lost.

Stephen

http://stephensorablog.blogspot.com/