Re: Scaledown hardware

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 15:14:23 +0200

Sorry for the replies guys, I had a small accident and was in hospital for a
few days.

Niall, yes there are around 30 active users and they do consume around 9 CPUs. This is Siebel, RBO used and 50 table joins so there are queries with massive consistent gets so CPU usage. The DR Box will support 30% Users, limited at application level.

Thanks all for your comments, appreciated. Will read them carefully.

Alex

On 9/24/06, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do you really mean that 30 active sessions eat 70% of 12 cpus, i.e 9 cpus? And how many concurrently active users would your dr box support? My best guess it would be most of those 30 wouldn't it? If so You'd be mad to choose anything other than an identically specced box. If on the other hand you actually intended 300 concurrent users and the dr box would only be supporting far fewer then you'd likely get away with fewer cpus.

-- Niall Litchfield Oracle DBA http://www.orawin.info