Re: Saving STATSPACK Reports

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 12:10:08 -0400

BN,

Why would you bother saving all that information in a format that is
practically impossible to search or summarize effectively (i.e. "flat" ASCII
text), when you have all that information in tables and a fantastic
query/reporting language available (i.e. SQL).  Forget about the STATSPACK
reports themselves -- throw them away.  Save the data in the PERFSTAT schema
over time so that you can reproduce whatever reports you want at will.
Exporting to another database is a good idea, or just increase your purge
parameters a bit so you can retrieve reports over time.  The data starts to
become useless after a while anyway.

Hope this helps...

-Tim

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 11:56:40 -0400, BN wrote