Re: Sarbanes Oxley reporting

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 16:41:52 -0800

Thanks for the input Mark.

We too had to map users to roles in the app.
Fortunately I did not have to deal with that one.

I left out one report earlier.  A list of all database files with
permissions.

Jared

On 2/12/07, Powell, Mark D <mark.powell@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Our big effort during our recent audit was to map every end-user to the
capabilities of every application screen that the user had access to and
comparing this to the limitations of the user job position.  That is, if you
have job X you cannot have the capabilities to perform task Y2 such as the
person who orders material cannot be the perform who authorizes payment of
an invoice for obvious reasons.  Only in our case the review was carried
down to the ability to update small pieces of information deemed reverent to
each job.  IT had long ago created a user to program mapping report, but the
addition of the user position restrictions to the reporting was a major
task.  Many customers lost access to specific screens and some programs had
to be changed to not be able to update certain columns.  We can now provide
this information on an ongoing basis.

-- Mark D Powell --
Phone (313) 592-5148