Re: Same Query, same database, same application, new plan from one environment but not from another

  • From: "Rumpi Gravenstein" <rgravens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 22:05:41 -0400

<snip>
10g stores previous version of stats for 30 days by default, you can
revert stats to see if the better performing plans return and if so
you can compare the different versions of the stats and plans to
identify the culprit and correct it.
</snip>

The queries from the two environments are run within a few minutes of each
other, sometimes the Toad version first and sometimes the Access version.
Each run uses the same, single bind value.  Given that I can't see how the
problem can be related to differences in statistics.

I'll check meta-link for odbc slow-down bugs.