Re: Same Query, same database, same application, new plan from one environment but not from another

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rgravens@xxxxxxxxx, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

Another thought....Any possibility that the ODBC driver was changed on the
access side?
There is a bug in the earlier 10g ODBC drivers that can cause a massive
slowdown .....

 Robert G. Freeman
Author:
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com (Oracle Press)
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't
write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire
members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).