SZIE of Oracle FRA while using Flashback feature

  • From: "bao jiejie" <baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 15:34:00 +0800

hi Oracle gurus,

We have a 2T database in 10.2.0.2 version on Linux Box.

We plan to using Flashback database feature on this DB.

the undo_retention is set to 21600, Flashback log will be put in FRA
area as default.

We need a 15 days guarantee for Flashback, each week we have a full
hot backup to FRA also, What a big volume should be consider as Oracle
Flashback recovery area size ? any suggestion ?

how much should be used for Flashback logs also ?

Is that enough we give 7* DB size as FRA area size ?

--

Best regards,
Yours sincerely House
baojiejie@xxxxxxxxx