RE: SYSTEM tablespace full after upgrade

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <istvan5.toth@xxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 10:48:13 -0400

If you were able to add a datafile, then you have space.   I suspect the
old oracle 8 Data Dictionary is still allocating space.

The table could be at the max number of extents.   If you could try and
change it to max extents unlimited, the only caveat I have with that is
that you shouldn't have to play with sys owned objects.  Others can
weigh in on that.

You have upgrade instructions and met all the pre upgrade requirements?
Your going from 8.1.7.4 directly to 10.2.0.3... is this a multi step.
(rhetorical question, not related to issue).

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
904 727-2546